Project Update

Okay everyone, it's time for a deeply personal post. Normally, I'm the type of person who can see humor in almost anything so this is quite difficult to admit. Here it goes...
Originally, I had 4 books scheduled for release this year. (The next Karli, the next 2 Dealing With Love installments, and Beautifully Broken) My plan was to work on 2 books simultaneously like I normally do (each in different series) but I can't do that due to recent events in my personal life.
A few months ago, I lost my father-in-law to cancer. Last month, I lost my own father to heart disease. Both men had an incredible presence in our family and were taken far too soon. Needless to say, grief is a powerful emotion and it's very prominent in my life right now. I simply don't have the time nor the heart to write as much as I normally would. My family needs to come first.
That being said, I AM actively writing Beautifully Broken. It is quite different from anything I've done in the past. It is filled with angst - my heroine, Kat, comes from an unusually tough background. This story is quite poignant, yet also beautiful; hence, the title. With my current state of mind, this is the story that is speaking to me and I need to write what comes to me, as it comes to me. I'm simply not in a place where romantic comedy or paranormal/UF is taking up prime real estate in my brain.
For now, I can tell you that I'm aiming for a June release on Beautifully Broken. As for the others, there will be at least one more but I can't tell you which one at this point. I know this is disappointing to those of you anxiously waiting for the next Karli or Dealing With Love installment. All I can say, is that I'm sorry and I ask that you be patient with me.
Once I finish settling my father's estate, I hope to pick up the pace and add a third release for the year but I won't know for sure until that's done. I appreciate all the support you have given me thus far, and I can only hope that I don't lose you while I take this necessary break. heart emoticon887 people reached

Comments

  1. My condolences on your losses. I understand completely, having recently losing my mom early in January. I have no problem re-reading you other books until the new ones come out. Just take one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll wait as long as it takes I'm in love with the fairy series. Condolences and god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wait as long as it takes I'm in love with the fairy series. Condolences and god bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts